New! Residential ServLine Program
We are always striving to provide our customers with the most effective services possible. We recognize many of you have struggled with the high cost of water leaks and water line repairs. Many homeowners were surprised to find out they are responsible for both the extra water charges from water leaks and repair of the water line from the meter to the home. These homeowners were shocked to discover that their homeowners insurance does not cover any of the repair costs (which can exceed $5,000) or the extra water bill from the leak that can add hundreds of dollars more.
As a result, Ocoee Utility District is excited to provide a new program that protects our single unit residential customers from these very high and unexpected repair and water leak costs. The program we have developed is called ServLine. Our ServLine Program provides broad coverage with no deductible and is insured by an “A” rated insurance company which is regulated by the Tennessee Department of Insurance.
- Water Bill Protection from excess water charges due to repaired plumbing leaks.
- Up to $2500.00. No deductible. Limit one every 12 month cycle.
- You are automatically signed up for this protection at a cost of only $2 per month.
Water Line Protection
- Water Service Line Protection covering repair or replacement of service line up to $10,000.
- No deductible. No limit on number of occurences per year. Only $3.50 per month.
- This protection requires each residential customer to sign up in order to be covered. There is no waiting period for coverage to apply.
You are automatically enrolled for Basic Protection but need to sign up for Water Line Protection. You may cancel either Basic Protection or Water Line Protection (if you sign up and change your mind). However, if you cancel Basic Protection you are taking responsibility for all water charges from water leaks. ServLine replaces our existing leak adjustment policy related to water charges from water line leaks and breaks. We hope you participate in both the Basic and Water Line Protection, but if you choose not to participate in our Water Line Protection you will continue your personal responsibility for the repair costs to your water line.
We do not support or endorse any of the warranty products that are on the market. Our ServLine Program has more coverage with fewer restrictions than any warranty product we have seen. Our team has worked hard putting together ServLine so that every residential customer who wants protection can choose to be covered for water line repairs and/or partial bill relief from water leaks. We encourage you to sign up for the Water Line Protection so you will not have to worry about the eventual repair or replacement of your water line.
Please take advantage of our new ServLine Program. A program summary including program costs along with Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are enclosed for further explanation. A complete copy of program coverage and exclusions are available upon request. Just call (423)303-3275 to add Water Line Protection, cancel Basic Protection, or ask additional questions about our new ServLine Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes. You do not have to take advantage of this program and can opt-out with just a quick phone call.
- If you decline and opt-out you will now be responsible for all excess water charges from a line leak. ServLine replaces our existing leak adjustment policy related to water loss charges from water lines and breaks.
- However, it would take over 40 years of monthly charges for Basic Protection to pay for only one excess water bill of $500.
- Basic Protection follows the guidleines of the leak adjustment policy it replaces.
- Basic Protection does pay up to $500 for excess water bills resulting from leaks that occur in interior plumbing provided those leaks are quickly repaired. Basic Protection can also pay when there are leaks from the main water supply line from the meter to the foundation of your home.
- Excess water charges from leaks on sprinkler water lines, irrigations system water lines, water lines to swimming pools, water lines to other structures, or similar water line connections to the main water line from the meter to the house are not covered in the Basic Protection.
No. Our program is unique and is not like any program you may have seen before. We have never endorsed or offered a service line program until now.
- This is not a warranty product or backed by a warranty company.
- Warranty companies are not regulated in many States, including Tennessee. As a result, they are not held to the same standards as insurance companies.
- Our Service Line Program is insured. Our insurance provider is regulated by the State Department of Insurance, unlike a warranty which is not regulated by the State of Tennessee.
- Our Service Line Program offers more coverage than any program we have reviewed.
ServLine Customer Service: (423) 303-3275
ServLine Claims: (800) 366-1662
Customer Service can enroll residential utility customers in water line protection, de-enroll from Basic Protection, and answer all questions regarding the Ocoee ServLine Program.